Saturday, October 31, 2009

nb "strip" format???


I had a crazy idea last night. For a while now I've formatted/laid out most of my Nothing Better pages divided into thirds horizontally. It developed naturally from a storytelling perspective and once I realized I was doing it, it has provided a nice structure/constraint to work off of. I also think it greatly helps set the pacing of the story. Last night I wondered, "could I chop the pages into thirds for online posting?" This post is a good example of what it would look like.

Bad idea? Good idea? The "plus" being that I could update three times a week versus one, but with the same amount of material. Would you rather have three little chunks like this over the week, or a whole page at a time??? Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. I think that it would help you to increase your readership if you updated three times a week.

    I've been wondering of doing a project like that for a while now (using thirds of a comic book page), and it would really interest me if it does increase page views and readership.

    ReplyDelete