Tuesday, April 7, 2009

darker!


I was looking at some other people's work the other day, of vampires and monsters, and it reminded me, as so often happens when I look at work like that, that I should do some. I drew lots of monsters when I was a kid but I mostly stick to people now.

so I sat down to draw some vampires or monsters or whatever, and this is what came out. just a dirty looking guy and a sketchy/edgy version of katt. and a wolfman to boot.

sometimes I wonder if my Nothing Better style is too middle-of-the-road. sure, it's cartoony, but it's ultimately pretty representational and sometimes I really want to push it into something more stylized. or maybe I just want to push my storytelling into edgier territory where I can make use of more blacks and dramatic effects.

I'll continue to work on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment